Paper ID - 9447345
Free ↓ Download Paper
We have many premium term papers and essays on "Outline on depression". We're the only site with ALL professionally written term papers, research papers, and book reports available to download. Our 200+ professional writers are always available to write a custom research paper for you.
Excerpt from Term Paper:
Outline on depression
A. How common is Depression?
4. Postpartum Depression
5. Older Persons
6. Seasonal Depression
B. What is the typical profile of a Depressed Person?
1. Their ability to function normally in daily life
2. Their ability to hide symptoms
3. Little clues often missed, even by loved ones
4. How to spot a depressed person
5. The picture of depression painted in The Rocking Horse Winner, Paul: A Case in Temperament, and A Child By Tiger
C. Why is a depression diagnosis often missed?
1. Other stresses often blamed for feelings of depression
a. Family problems
b. Money Problems
c. Health Problems
d. Work Problems
2. Depression carries a stigma
a. Family afraid of embarrassment
b. Family blames themselves
c. Family feels inadequate to help
d. Depressives have a tendency towards introversion
e. Person afraid of disappointing their family
f. Person afraid of ridicule
g. Person afraid of job or school repercussions
What are the most common signs and symptoms of depression?
1. Sad mood
2. Loss of interest or pleasure in activities that were once enjoyed
3. Change in appetite or weight
4. difficulty sleeping or oversleeping
5. Physical slowing or agitation…
Cite this Paper:
"Outline On Depression" (2002, March 22) Retrieved March 11, 2014, from http://www.geniuspapers.com/essay/Outline-on-depression/2244432